Are You Ready to Run Your Next Digital Marketing Campaign?
Now that you have a picture of your digital marketing campaign, it is time to roll and implement! We need to make sure that we don’t lose sight of our goals and get lost in the puzzle; losing control can happen easily if our strategy is not rooted at the right spot.
You wish to rank #1 on Google Search as soon as possible but you don’t have an adept SEO Team to do it for you. You aim to increase Facebook fans to 1000 in one week but you have no allotted budget for advertisements. You are so eager to create an industry white paper but you have no qualified researchers and writers on board. All set to send an email campaign but there is no direction on the messaging and no verified addresses on the list.
Simply put, your campaign has to be aligned with an objective, schedule, available human resource and allotted budget.
Start with SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound) objective and build a realistic plan around it.
Say, get at least 5 quality leads every month from the website’s contact form within a sixth-month period.
What are the next steps to achieve the objective?
- Make sure contact form is working and measurable (install Google Analytics to track successful inquiry and check email addresses if sync). Create landing page if needed.
- Run a campaign to drive traffic to the website where the contact form is located.
- Connect with niche influencers to amplify the objective. Have them mention you with URL on their twitter posts, YouTube videos, or blogs.
Create a timetable to specify the tasks, example as follows:
- Check and improve contact form
- Assign who will answer the inquiries (and identify internal processes to take place)
- Install Google Analytics
- Create relevant posts
- Run ads (social and search)
- Monitor and report
Take a look at your team if the current pool has expertise or if you need to start recruiting. Will the job require full-time or part time work? Do we have a budget to hire an expert? Delegate who will do what and maintain ownership of each assignment.
How much are we willing to spend for the campaign? We can’t be too frugal if part of our activities include running ad campaigns on social and search, getting influencers, or if we decide to on-board an industry expert.
Many company owners immediately quit on digital marketing without eyeing on the long-term results and appreciating small wins. If you stop over a minor drawback, then you can lose a big opportunity along the way. There are just so many benefits that we can get from digital marketing if we utilize it properly.